Sunday, September 24, 2006

This past week I got back to work on this project by creating 4 test glazes and firing them. The four glazes and the receipes follow. Each pot was dipped so that a part of the pot has one coat of glaze, another 2 coats and another 3 coats.

#1 & #2 - Vera's Emerald Gloss Green for dark clay bodies - Modified by Ron Roy
I tested this recipe last January by adjusting the copper carbonate and couldn't get the green I was looking far and actually all I got was blue so I thought I would try ajusting the rutile to see what would happen.

Whiting 3.0
F3134 25.5
Talc 3.0
Custer 25.5
Zinc 3.5
EPK 12.5
Silica 24
Copper Carbonate 3.2
Rutile 1.2

#1 6% Rutile SG = 1.49
#2 0 Rutile SG = 1.37





#3 - Emerald Green with Soda Ash
**Note this is the vase shape I will be using for the 2007 pot.

Gerstley Borate 49
EPK 19
Flint 32
Soda Ash 2
Chrome Oxide 2
Cobalt Carbonate 1.5
SG = 1.39



#4 - Jade Green
Gerstley Borate 50
Flint 32.5
EPK 17.5
Copper Carbonate 4
SG = 1.38

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How will you put the logo on the pot? A stamp? A decal? I have been asked to do a similar (much smaller scale) project for my local radio station, and have been playing with ideas.
Sarah, a clayart lurker in AK

1:41 PM  
Blogger Hal said...

I am using a stamp that I had made at a local business that one of our guild members owns.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home