Sunday, March 04, 2007

Well here it is the first weekend in March and it's come down to crunch time again. Last weekend I fired 100 pots on Friday and Saturday nights and this past Wednesday night I had trimmed through 175. Thursday night I threw 12 more pots and on Saturday threw 15 more which would have been enough to have finished out the project. But I left the pots I threw on Saturday uncovered so they would dry faster and I forgot to check on them Saturday night and when I remembered on Sunday morning half if not more wouldn't take the logo stamped on it good enough so I have to trash those and re-throw. I threw 6 more today and will need to throw some more on Monday night.


The goal is to do the final firing on Sunday afternoon so I can deliver them by Tuesday.


I took some pictures of the pots in the various stages of making a pot. From right to left is a row of pots a few hours after being thrown, then a row of pots trimmed and dried, a row of pots bisque fired and finally a row after the glaze firing. The shrinkage of the pots is easily visable in this picture. The pots are thrown at 4 1/2" high and 2 3/4" wide at the rim and after the glaze firing they shrink down to 3 3/8" high by 2 1/2" wide.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exceptional Work! I love the little pots and I know the love and the magic that is embedded with each one will travel with them as they are purchased on St. Patty's Day! Good Work!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home